Sunday 30 January 2011

Body Details


By layering up pieces of laser cut acrylic (above) I was able to create the raised lettering of the PEZ logo and the small additional text. Whilst this proved successful I am less pleased with its textured backdrop. This unidentified neon green styrene like material (below) has the perfect texture like that of the original only at a larger scale. Unfortunatly the finish on the edges is too rough and needs to be refined somehow. Perhaps experimenting with laser settings? I will work this out and replace this element this coming week.




Despite the backdrop being unfinished I decided to apply the text and prime the body to see what further flaws were visible and required modification. The primed body really looks great and I finally feel like I'm making some progress with this project (below).




The main problems were, as previously stated, the edging of the backdrop and a few join lines that require further filling and sanding.

I have decided to press on quickly with this project and aim to get the mechanism working and complete roughed out sculpt done in the next 2.5 weeks before I head up home for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment